Our research team provides various inmate and supervisee population reports in order to uphold the Virginia Department of Corrections' commitment to transparency.
All reports are in PDF format.
Monthly Population Reports
The following are the monthly summaries of inmate and supervisee populations in our facilities across the state.
The following are reports that highlight trends in our inmate and supervisee population data.
The Secretary of Public Safety works with various agencies to produce an annual forecast of the number of adult and juvenile inmates who are under state custody and under the custody of local and regional jails.
These forecasts are essential to estimating future capital needs and operating expenses for prisons, jails, and juvenile correctional centers.
Programs & Demographics Reports
The following reports provide key information and statistical data on various programs, initiatives, and inmate and supervisee demographic profiles.
- June 2022 — Intensive Reentry Program Evaluation: FY2017 Releases
- June 2022 — The Influence of Drugs in VADOC Facilities
- November 2021 — Correctional Education Study Findings FY2016
- May 2021 — COVID-19 Vaccinations Among VADOC Inmates
- January 2021 — Probation Violators within the State-Responsible Populations Report
- December 2020 — Disparities in Sentencing among Inmates with Mandatory Minimum Sentences Report
- December 2020 — State-Responsible Inmates Serving Mandatory Minimum Sentences Offense Report
- September 2020 — Impact of Dialogue Implementation Report
- January 2020 — The Influence of Drugs in VADOC Facilities Report
- January 2020 — State-Responsible Offender Demographic Profile FY2019
- January 2020 — State-Responsible Geriatric Offender Report FY2018
- December 2019 — State-Responsible Confined Population Report
- October 2019 — Restrictive Housing Report FY 2019
- April 2018 — State-Responsible Offender Demographic Profile FY2016
- September 2017 — Faith-based Programs Report
- September 2017 — Judicial Mapping Project FY2016
- May 2016 — State-Responsible Offender Demographic Profile FY2014
- July 2015 — State-Responsible Confined Offender Parole Eligibility Profile FY2010-FY2014